The project amplifies the small living room of a row house built in 1940. The result is a dynamic space that connects the house to its garden.
The tight budget led to a pragmatic geometry which allowed us to remove as little as possible of the main structure of the building. The concrete structure of the first floor balcony is used as a beam supporting the walls of the upper floors. An acoustic insulation improves the quality of the new space.
A large new window, which always has the appearance of being slightly open, intensifies the relation between the inside and the outside.
Design and Construction
HERLACH HARTMANN FROMMENWILER
with Christoph Thüer